About the project
The aim of the project is to work out the production and application technology of novel solventless and colourless epoxy-based varnishes curing via cationic UV photopolymerization (therein using LEDs as a UV source). These goals will be realized by:
- synthesis and characterisation of novel UV cationic photoinitiators exhibiting absorption spectrum in the range of 360-400 nm,
- synthesis and characterisation of solventless epoxy binders,
- characterisation of UV photopolymerized varnishes applied onto steel, polymeric and wood substrates.
Finally, the effect of that project will be ready-to-use production and application technology of a novel liquid, colourless and solventless epoxy-based varnishes intended for covering:
- steel substrates (application in heavy and automotive industry),
- polymer based elements (to improve surface hardness abrasion resistance and chemical resistance),
- wood and wood-based materials (flooring, furniture, door and window frames, MDF boards).
Financial support (100 %): 828 000 zł
Project realization period: January 2013 – December 2015
Project register number: LIDER/16/181/L-3/11/NCBR/2012